Melbourne Grammar School’s Class of 2020 has continued the School’s long tradition of excellence with outstanding VCE results. Their success is testament to their talent, determination and hard work not only in their final year at the School, but throughout their time with us.
We celebrate the two students who attained the highest possible ATAR of 99.95 – Eric Wang and Oscar Zhu – and the 19 other students who achieved an ATAR of 99 or more, placing them in the top 1% in the State. Melbourne Grammar’s strong representation at this elite level continues our long history of academic success.
Other highlights include:
- The median ATAR is 86.70
- 10.4% of our students achieved an ATAR of 99+, placing them in the top 1% of the State
- 29.4% of our students achieved an ATAR of 95+, placing them in the top 5% of the State
- 44.8% of our students achieved an ATAR of 90+, placing them in the top 10% of the State
- Nine students achieved the maximum score of 50 in one or more of their subjects
- 6.6% of all study (subject) scores were graded as 45+, placing those students in the top 1% of their subjects
- 23.4% of all study (subject) scores were graded as 40+, placing those students in the top 8% of their subjects
In addition, the Class of 2020 has accomplished a great deal on the sporting field, at the rostrum, on the stage and behind the easel. They have worked in service to others and shown care and interest in the natural environment.
Melbourne Grammar School’s education program is focussed on preparing students for their future. In addition to providing a firm academic foundation, we also aim to instil a strong moral code and the personal strengths required to embrace whatever the future holds for each of our students. We want them to have an appreciation of their obligation to use what they have gained at Melbourne Grammar to contribute to the wider world.
The support our dedicated teachers have given each student throughout their time here is to be commended. In particular, we acknowledge the Year 12 teachers who have demonstrated resourcefulness and commitment during this uniquely demanding year.
There is no question that 2020 has been a year of challenges. Through flexibility, ingenuity and positivity, our students have adapted to a changing learning environment. We know these qualities will stand them in good stead, whatever their future holds.
We are very proud of the achievements of the Class of 2020 and wish every student the very best for the years ahead.
You can read about the Class of 2020’s post-school destinations here.